• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lien for drywall and painting repairs for apt. complexes

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

carolac

What is the name of your state? Florida
We have an apartment repainting and drywall repair business. One of the management companies is dragging their feet in paying significant invoices. We have heard they are planning to sell two complexes as they are losing money, and as such, we should not expect our money for a year. I have prepared the Notice to Owner as set forth in Florida Statute 713. We're past the 45 days for the September work, but not all of the October work.

My question is that the Notice to Owner seems to fit subcontractors of general contractors, and not necessarily painting contractors. Am I still able to use the same Notice to Owner form? We're sending two separate notices to the two different owners and then will record the claim of lien within this next week.

Thanks in advance.

S

seniorjudge

This is one of those situations where a visit to a local real estate attorney would be worth the money you pay for his services.

Mechanic's lien law (in most states) is 100% statutory. This means that you must follow the statutes exactly or you get nothing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">