• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lot Grading

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

david_james

LOT GRADING, PA What is the name of your state? PA
I am building a new house through a reputed builder. Asw of now it looks like our lot is not graded properly and looks like in case of rain neighbour's water will run through my lot. Not only that but the builder has cut a swell through my lot.
Can they do that? and what are my rights?

HomeGuru

david_james said:
LOT GRADING, PA What is the name of your state? PA
I am building a new house through a reputed builder. Asw of now it looks like our lot is not graded properly and looks like in case of rain neighbour's water will run through my lot. Not only that but the builder has cut a swell through my lot.
Can they do that? and what are my rights?
**A: do not post 2 threads on the same issue.

D

david_james

Not geeting answer..

Since I didn't get answer and It is an emrgency for me so I post two threads. Sorry.
Can anyone please answer our rights or point to any codes?

HomeGuru

david_james said:
Since I didn't get answer and It is an emrgency for me so I post two threads. Sorry.
Can anyone please answer our rights or point to any codes?

**A: Ok, post the other thread to this one and I'll respond.

D

david_james

WHOSE PROBLEM IS IT? CITY or BUILDER or OWNER? HELP...

Here is the other thread:

HELP PL.: WHOSE PROBLEM IS IT? CITY or BUILDER or OWNER? What is the name of your state? PA

We are building a house. The builder has cut through our property to get the drain water from other neighbours lot. Whose problem is it? Neighbour, ME, city or builder. Also in future who is responsible to maintain? What are our right as a owner. Thanks in advance.
Actually excavating to install a swale for drain water from other near by lots. Please help or point out to any city/state codes or owner rights?

D

david_james

Tha'ts all the thread is. No responses. If you have any answers, it will help me and I would appreciate.

lwpat

Assuming that you are in a subdivision there should be a plat indicating drainage and easements. It would be on file at the courthouse or building codes. Check that first.

If the swale is on your property then it will be your responsibility to maintain.

Also check with codes for the grading permit for your particular lot. They may also be able to help with your questions since much will depend on the local city codes.

HomeGuru

david_james said:
Here is the other thread:

HELP PL.: WHOSE PROBLEM IS IT? CITY or BUILDER or OWNER? What is the name of your state? PA

We are building a house. The builder has cut through our property to get the drain water from other neighbours lot. Whose problem is it? Neighbour, ME, city or builder. Also in future who is responsible to maintain? What are our right as a owner. Thanks in advance.
Actually excavating to install a swale for drain water from other near by lots. Please help or point out to any city/state codes or owner rights?
**A: does this builder own the other neighboring lots as well? If so, contact the project civil engineer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">