• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Missing 2 feet for build permits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

manu820

What is the name of your state? New York
Hi, I own a lot that is 50 x 98. I need to get the permits to build a new construction. The new construction is going to be my main residence. I live in Yonkers NY and I was told by city hall that the Yonkers law requires the lot in the residential areas to be 50 x 100. As you can see I am missing 2 feet. How difficult is it to get the city to aprove my construction and give me the permits? Thank you in advance. Chris

I

itsacatsworld

Your lot is so close wouldnt the zoning commision give you a variance? No harm no foul.......Are you measuring all of your property correctly? Utility easements or property maybe 8 in on the other side of a fence if its yours?

Last edited:

manu820

I don't know if they would give me a variance. WHat steps would i have to take? Do i need a lawyer for this? ALso I am having a surveyor come in 2 weeks to measure the lot since the survey I have was done almost 80 years ago.

I

itsacatsworld

Here in CA the average joe can file for a variance you just need to have ALL your plans to present then its an up or down vote. When you present your plans make sure theyre up to code. Like being attached or not, so many feet away from the property line etc.

John Se

Its your government remember

dont forget, they WANT you to build and develop, especially if you one of the leftover lots in you neighborhood, they will not make a big stink, once you talk to the right people about the two feet, that would apply to new subdivisions. Ordinarily the first people you talk to at those city develpment of permitting department are purely functionary, not really in charge. Go and apply for your permit, if they say you need a variance, apply one, it will be approved. if it isnt make a stink with your councilman i.e. elected Representative.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">