• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My neighbor's pond keeps me all wet!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bhousto1

What is the name of your state? Texas
I built a new house in Kaufman County 3 years ago. At the same time my neighbor, who already had built house earlier decided to put in a pond. Long story short: for 3 years 300' of his pond has seeped onto my property causing mud, algea, unuse of my property.
I approched him twice, but to no avail.
What are my legal rights? Can I sue for an injunction to make him fix it? Will a judge make hime fix it right (i.e. a professional company to do the work). Can I also sue for damages and loss of the enjoyment of my property?
I believe I have a strong case with photos, professional estimates, etc. I am afraif if I sue he will "hafass" the repaur and make things even worse. Thanks in advance for your response.

Dun

Town Inspector

You need to go to your county office and perhaps speak to the Town Inspector. They will tell you what type of recourse you have and can act as an intermediary so that you may not even have to address your neighbor personally again. This may also help you to avoid any legal action.
Good luck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">