• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New application for garage variance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

shawnma

What is the name of your state? Mass

My firend just got approved for a garage variance. He would like to make the garage bigger than the one been approved.

Does any one know in general if he can do that?

Thanks!

HomeGuru

shawnma said:
What is the name of your state? Mass

My firend just got approved for a garage variance. He would like to make the garage bigger than the one been approved.

Does any one know in general if he can do that?

Thanks!
**A: please provide details of the variance and if a building permit was issued yet?

S

shawnma

They still waiting for the paper work from the town. The variance they applied was based on the hardship which can not build the garage on other side of the house. They have not go to the town for a building permit, so the building permit has not issued yet.

They just find out other people in town approved to get more space, then they thought if they could make the garage bigger. At first, they was not sure if it will get approved for the plan they submitted or not.

Thanks!!!

S

shawnma

Here it again.

It was accident. If you think that I did it on purpose, I can not prove it to you.

S

shawnma

HomeGuru, so what you want me to do to make you happy? Just let me know.

HomeGuru

I am very unhappy that your deleted the thread because the information posted helps others on this website. Not only that, the evidence proved that you took a bad attitude with me.

Last edited:
S

shawnma

Thanks God that I found a hard copy of the post. I retype the question and your answers here, so hope it will help others like you stated.

Question from me:

My neighbor has submitted an application for variance. They want to add a garage, but the space is not within the zone requirement. They asked me to go to the hearing and speak for them(want me to say agree what they do)

My QUESTION is we have the same situation, also need to do the same thing to get a permit for building a garage. What should I SAY at the hearing that could HELP me to get approve later?

I guess I have to say I support their action, then say one of the reason I support is I am going to do the same.

Any advice?

Thanks!!!

Your answers here:

1. A: that won't fly. Read your zoning and variance application guidelines. To get a variance application approved, one must show hardship. Your neighbor better do his/her homework prior to the hearing.

2. A: How should we know. We don't know the details of your neighbors variance application or whether there is any hardship involved at all.

3. A: good grief. Hello? Are you reading my response?

4. A: on the contrary, it was you who missed the point. Therefore I have no further discussion on the matter.

5. A: good grief, didn't I tell you that in my first post?

HomeGuru, I would hope you are happy now.

Last edited:
S

shawnma

HomeGuru, if you agree I am going to delete this one, since the question not been answered yet. It is waste other people's time to read an no answered post.

THIS THREAD WILL BE DELETED BY TOMORROW UNLESS, OTHERWISE, SOMEONE THINK IT IS A NEED TO KEEP IT. IT IS IN THE BEST OF INTEREST OF HomeGuru FOR NOT KEEP IT.

Last edited:

HomeGuru

shawnma said:
HomeGuru, if you agree I am going to delete this one, since the question not been answered yet. It is waste other people's time to read an no answered post.

THIS THREAD WILL BE DELETED BY TOMORROW UNLESS, OTHERWISE, SOMEONE THINK IT IS A NEED TO KEEP IT. IT IS IN THE BEST OF INTEREST OF HomeGuru FOR NOT KEEP IT.
**A: what are you trying to say here?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">