• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New building going to block my view

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

trojangirl

What is the name of your state? California

I live in a 2 year old 20 unit condo in Pacific Palisades, California. My building is on the top floor and one of the most expensive in the building. Recently, the lesser condo's have been selling for the amount I payed for my superior unit.

Next door, is an older apartment building - 2 story- has been sold and there is now a notice that the building is going to be demolished and a new 14-unit building with 60 ft. permit is going to be built in it's place.

Our unit has views from all rooms. When I look outside I see trees, mountains.. but after this building is built, I will see a building on the right hand side.

Do I have any recourse for how this might change the value of our place? And, what about the noise, mess, dust, etc that I expect? Do we get any sort of compensation?

Thanks for your advise.

E

Last edited:

HomeGuru

**A: you have nothing as long as the developer follows the zoning ordinance.
And, what about the noise, mess, dust, etc that I expect? Do we get any sort of compensation?

**A: no. But you can communicate with the developer and local politicians concerning dust, noise and traffic mitigation.

Thanks for your advise.

E[/QUOTE]

**A: no problem

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">