• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New Construction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

billybob2

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? PA
After the contractor has already started excavating and poured the foundation, can I change contractors? The foundation is only a week old and it has a crack the whole way through it. Plus we have had other problems and disputes with them. They left and stated in a letter to me that they would not come back, unless I agreed to let them do whatever they wanted, plus pay them an additional $1600 for complaining about what they were doing. Can I get another contractor to finish the work? Or can't I do anything since we have a contract with them. They won't respond to any letters or phone calls to work this out. I'd rather get someone else to do the work , but don't want to be sued by this contractor. What are my options?

HomeGuru

billybob2 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? PA
After the contractor has already started excavating and poured the foundation, can I change contractors? The foundation is only a week old and it has a crack the whole way through it. Plus we have had other problems and disputes with them. They left and stated in a letter to me that they would not come back, unless I agreed to let them do whatever they wanted, plus pay them an additional $1600 for complaining about what they were doing. Can I get another contractor to finish the work? Or can't I do anything since we have a contract with them. They won't respond to any letters or phone calls to work this out. I'd rather get someone else to do the work , but don't want to be sued by this contractor. What are my options?

**A: we don't know since we can't read your contract.
Hire an attorney to review the contract.

John Se

cite them in breach and fire them

cite them in breach, include that your going to sue them to repair the defective work and fire them, Send them a letter in writing of course (from you lawyer if possible). then notify the town thats what you've done give them the new guy and get on with your project. But first begin with the local licencing agency who holds their license.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">