• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New Construction - backing out of a Deal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

leahsardone

What is the name of your state? FL

I signed a contract back in January to purchase a home. The home is still 3 months away from completion, and I want to back out of the contract. Unfortunately, the contract states that the builder has two years to complete the home! Is there any way I can get all or some of my deposit back?

HomeGuru

leahsardone said:
What is the name of your state? FL

I signed a contract back in January to purchase a home. The home is still 3 months away from completion, and I want to back out of the contract. Unfortunately, the contract states that the builder has two years to complete the home! Is there any way I can get all or some of my deposit back?
**A: probably not, but have a real estate attorney review your contract to be sure.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">