• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New Construction - Private Road Disclosure

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

crc

What is the name of your state? Connecticut

I am currently in the process of building a new home in a development. The development consists of a single road with 9 houses. At the time when I drew up a contract with the builder, the builder never mentioned that the road would be a private road and the neighborhood would have to form an assocation. The house is almost complete and now I find this information out. My question is whether I have any legal recourse against the builder for not disclosing this information to me right from day one. I explicidly asked him if the street had any restrictions and he never mentioned that it was a private road. I believe that that was being false to me. I signed the cotnract under false pretenses and would have not done so if I knew the street was a private road. Do I have any legal hold here against the builder?

HomeGuru

crc said:
What is the name of your state? Connecticut

I am currently in the process of building a new home in a development. The development consists of a single road with 9 houses. At the time when I drew up a contract with the builder, the builder never mentioned that the road would be a private road and the neighborhood would have to form an assocation. The house is almost complete and now I find this information out. My question is whether I have any legal recourse against the builder for not disclosing this information to me right from day one. I explicidly asked him if the street had any restrictions and he never mentioned that it was a private road. I believe that that was being false to me. I signed the cotnract under false pretenses and would have not done so if I knew the street was a private road. Do I have any legal hold here against the builder?
**A: have a real estate attorney review your contract.

lwpat

You need to contact the county building inspector and find out what the rules are in your area. Most counties require approval of a subdivision plan and will not agree to a private road. You could also have a problem with your lender.

"Do I have any legal hold here against the builder?"

Only an attorney with access to all the documents can answer your question.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">