• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New Home Built/Bad Roof

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kearneylewis

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? VA
I had a custom home built that was completed in 2001. Dealing with the builder was extremely painful and he fought us on everything. We have had so many issues and he refused to address them. Over the past 8 years, we have had numerous problems with our roof. Our builder referred us to the contractor he used saying it wasn't his responsibility. Sure enough, the roofer was out of business. When we moved in, there were shingles all around our house but we were told those were just extras.

We have now had to pay to have an independent roofing company come out many times over the years to fix our roof. I was told by a worker that in Virginia, the builder by law had to cover the roof for either 5 or 10 years, he wasn't sure which. Is this so? What recourse do I have?

Our contract states we have to do mediation and frankly, I am so over this guy, I don't know if I have the energy to fight him so I was hoping that there was just some law I could confront him with. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">