• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New home not completed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

charlie727

[FONT=Arial]undefinedWhat is the name of your state? Kentucky

I just moved in to a new home that I had a general contractor bid, Moved in before it was complete. Paid him the bulk of his money still owe him about $6000, All the roof starter strip is badly bent looks as if something was dropped on the box before it was installed. Their are some cracks in the brick mortar joints. The back door is sagging and out of square. It is not on grade the crawl space door is below grade and water pours under house. The crawl space door is allready rusting. After he said it was done he has seemed very agitaited when ever I called to let him know their was still things he neede to do. We never even did a final walk through, so their was several small things that needed to be done, which he did most of them. The last time he was here he worked on the grade which still needs a lot of work. When he was done I asked him in to go over final bill. He had said he would pay 2 weeks rent because he was late getting the house done. I told him he was charging me twice for some of the extra brick work.(16ft. of soildering bricks above garage about $175 which was on plans) He had put up a brick mailbox that the state made him take down because it was to close to highway, I asked for credit on that ($300) which was also in contract. He went off on me at this time started screaming I see how you are you never planned on paying me. I said he would be paid but not till every thing was corrected. He took off and I haven't heard from him since, This was about a month ago. Their was shutters on the plan he never installed and a few other little problems.
What should I do. Moved in 04/29/04 it was last of may when he considered he was done. It was July 27 when he got mad and left.

After I moved in building inspector came, I told him of grade concerns and he said it was not correct and the builder had a lot of work to do on it. He said he would be back, I asked if I would have able to talk with him on the final inspection, He said yes he would have to come inside and inspect some items that weren't done. He never came back but I got occucapncy certificate in the mail. What should I do?

Last edited:

C

charlie727

new home not completed

Kentucky

I just moved in to a new home that I had a general contractor bid, Moved in before it was complete. Paid him the bulk of his money still owe him about $6000, All the roof starter strip is badly bent looks as if something was dropped on the box before it was installed. Their are some cracks in the brick mortar joints. The back door is sagging and out of square. It is not on grade the crawl space door is below grade and water pours under house. The crawl space door is allready rusting. After he said it was done he has seemed very agitaited when ever I called to let him know their was still things he neede to do. We never even did a final walk through, so their was several small things that needed to be done, which he did most of them. The last time he was here he worked on the grade which still needs a lot of work. When he was done I asked him in to go over final bill. He had said he would pay 2 weeks rent because he was late getting the house done. I told him he was charging me twice for some of the extra brick work.(16ft. of soildering bricks above garage about $175 which was on plans) He had put up a brick mailbox that the state made him take down because it was to close to highway, I asked for credit on that ($300) which was also in contract. He went off on me at this time started screaming I see how you are you never planned on paying me. I said he would be paid but not till every thing was corrected. He took off and I haven't heard from him since, This was about a month ago. Their was shutters on the plan he never installed and a few other little problems.
What should I do. Moved in 04/29/04 it was last of may when he considered he was done. It was July 27 when he got mad and left.

After I moved in building inspector came, I told him of grade concerns and he said it was not correct and the builder had a lot of work to do on it. He said he would be back, I asked if I would have able to talk with him on the final inspection, He said yes he would have to come inside and inspect some items that weren't done. He never came back but I got occucapncy certificate in the mail. What should I do?[/QUOTE]

HomeGuru

charlie727 said:
Kentucky

I just moved in to a new home that I had a general contractor bid, Moved in before it was complete. Paid him the bulk of his money still owe him about $6000, All the roof starter strip is badly bent looks as if something wI|kIIbox before it was installed. Their are some cracks in the brick mortar joints. The back door is sagging and out of square. It is not on grade the crawl space door is below grade and water pours under house. The crawl space door is allready rusting. After he said it was done he has seemed very agitaited when ever I called to let him know their was still things he neede to do. We never even did a final walk through, so their was several small things that needed to be done, which he did most of them. The last time he was here he worked on the grade which still needs a lot of work. When he was done I asked him in to go over final bill. He had said he would pay 2 weeks rent because he was late getting the house done. I told him he was charging me twice for some of the extra brick work.(16ft. of soildering bricks above garage about $175 which was on plans) He had put up a brick mailbox that the state made him take down because it was to close to highway, I asked for credit on that ($300) which was also in contract. He went off on me at this time started screaming I see how you are you never planned on paying me. I said he would be paid but not till every thing was corrected. He took off and I haven't heard from him since, This was about a month ago. Their was shutters on the plan he never installed and a few other little problems.

After I moved in building inspector came, I told him of grade concerns and he said it was not correct and the builder had a lot of work to do on it. He said he would be back, I asked if I would have able to talk with him on the final inspection, He said yes he would have to come inside and inspect some items that weren't done. He never came back but I got occucapncy certificate in the mail. What should I do?
[/QUOTE]

**A: hire a construction attorney and move forward.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">