• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New House Woes

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? North Carolina

We had a house built last year, the house was completed and we moved in 12/6/04. We still to this day have not had our punch list completed. It wasn't until I asked for a number to the corporate office that they started getting their butts in gear again. Well today the builder and the plumbers were at my house from 8:30 until 2:00. They had to put 5 holes in my ceiling and one in the side of my house to fix a problem that they have had with the way they do the pipes. Not only that but, the other night while cleaning my kitchen floor, I found a crack in my TILE floor, it starts from underneath the dishwasher and goes out I would say about two feet, if not more. So they are saying that we have to send in warranty paperwork and then they will take care of it.

Also, we have had a huge problem with nail pops, I was informed today that some of my kitchen cabinets are coming off the wall (the builder told us this), they were also supposed to backfill my side yard because everytime it rains out, we have a pond in our yard, my garage door wouldn't stay shut because the house shifted, and now my front door sticks (you can see a bigger gap on the bottom than there is on the top. I'm just so frustrated with this whole thing, my husband told me not even to bother trying to cook tonight because there is plaster everywhere in the kitchen. So no because they are taking their sweet time on fixing these things, i am going to have to go out and buy dinner for my family because they have made a mess and will return tomorrow to finish the work. This is just for the plumbing issue, it doesn't even take into consideration what they will have to do to find out why my tile floor has cracked when I am on a slab foundation.

Please help me!

lwpat

North Carolina has a very strong contractor's licensing board. Contact them and make a complaint. There should be a link on the state's webpage or just do a google search.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">