• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New Metal Roof - Leaking Roof Window

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hollass

What is the name of your state? Alabama

We just completed a major metal roofing installation on our house, detached garage, well, and gazebo. Completed project is absolutely beautiful, however, in the installation phase, the contractor managed to break the glass on one of my roof windows. He removed said window and took it to a local auto shop to have the glass replaced. All went well for about a month, then the window started leaking. I think he may have damaged the seals around the window when he removed it. We have called the contractor repeatedly, and he keeps telling us he will come out to look at it, but to date he has not shown up to look at the window. We have even told him that if the entire window needs to be replaced to do it and we will pay for the window. We have even suggested that if he can't fix it to give us the name of someone who can. I've got to get this fixed. What is my next step in getting this resolved?

JETX

hollass said:
What is my next step in getting this resolved?
Send the contractor a very nice demand letter (certified RRR) giving him 10 business days to contact you about repairing the damage he caused. Then, if he doesn't take care of it..... your only real option would be to consider filing a small claims suit against the contractor to try to recover your 'damages'.

hollass

I can do that. I will draft up a "nice" non threatening letter and send out tomorrow. Are you interested in knowing how this all turns out in the end?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">