• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Old construction without permits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

WDRC

What is the name of your state? Florida
I purchased a home with some construction performed by the previous owner without permits. The construction in question was done between 1986 and 1991 according to the property appraisers website. Is there a statute of limitations on how long code compliance has to uncover something like that?

Shay-Pari'e

WDRC said:
I purchased a home with some construction performed by the previous owner without permits. The construction in question was done between 1986 and 1991 according to the property appraisers website. Is there a statute of limitations on how long code compliance has to uncover something like that?

Was it not disclosed that the renovations were done without a permit? You are now the owner of all renovations.

HomeGuru

WDRC said:
**A: no, there is no time limit. If an improvement was built without a required building permit, that improvement is illegal from the time it was built until such time as it becomes legal ( if ever)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">