• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Oregon Title Issue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hntsignif

What is the name of your state? Oregon

In an attemp to refinance my home, I found out I have a lein on the property for a window loan done a couple of months ago.

My issue with this is that there was no indication, contract or contact wise, that a lein was part of the loan contract.

There are two separate places on the contract where it could have been indicated and wasn't.

I have been informed that there is "a statute" that allows the loaner to place a lein for this type of renovation, but, they are required to inform the loanee of the lein in the contract paperwork.

Do I have any recourse since they didn't indicate in the contract or am I out of luck and "they" can just say "oops, an accounting error. Suck it up and move on"?

How is it indicated in the statute?

Holly Howard

HomeGuru

hntsignif said:
What is the name of your state? Oregon

In an attemp to refinance my home, I found out I have a lein on the property for a window loan done a couple of months ago.

My issue with this is that there was no indication, contract or contact wise, that a lein was part of the loan contract.

There are two separate places on the contract where it could have been indicated and wasn't.

I have been informed that there is "a statute" that allows the loaner to place a lein for this type of renovation, but, they are required to inform the loanee of the lein in the contract paperwork.

Do I have any recourse since they didn't indicate in the contract or am I out of luck and "they" can just say "oops, an accounting error. Suck it up and move on"?

How is it indicated in the statute?

Holly Howard
**A: what is the exact title of the window loan document ie. mortgage or personal loan?

Last edited:
H

hntsignif

Title of Contract

State: Oregon

The exact title of the loan document is "Home Improvement Retail Installment Contract Consumer Paper-Oregon"

Holly Howard

HomeGuru

hntsignif said:
State: Oregon

The exact title of the loan document is "Home Improvement Retail Installment Contract Consumer Paper-Oregon"

Holly Howard
**A: then that document in it of itself does not create a lien but if you do not pay or are in default with the provisions of the contract, the supplier has what is called a materialmans lien right to file a lien on real property (your home).The contractor has a right to file a mechanics lien on the property.
Search your state statutes under mechanics and materialmans liens. Contact your state consumer protection office for more info.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">