• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Paint Sample / Chimney Incorrect Design

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Austingel

What is the name of your state? Texas

My builder prompted me to give him the color that I wanted the house to be painted. He had the workers who did the stucco give me 4 different texture choices, but never thought this was necessary to do for the paint. I spoke to the workers and they said they had the sample there since Saturday and continued to move ahead and paint on Monday. The builder promised to pay for the cost of changing the color of the house, because "I dropped the ball, I will eat the cost." I got together with him to have something on paper from him, and he went insane. He yelled, insulted, accused, and threatened to make us pay for everything. Five minutes later after being offensive, he says I am a nice guy, I try my hardest, you are judging a job that isn't finished.

He is a nightmare. I don't know what to do. I am trying to maintain my cool because he is childish enough to do something intentionally. Like pad costs, extra expenses and so forth.

I was going over the plans and I noticed the chimney is done completely wrong. He never followed the plans. It is boxed, when it is supposed to be shaped and have to designs on the rim.

Does anyone have advice? Where do I go from here. What is the appropriate move to make when there are design errors like the chimney?

Please help, any words of wisdom are appreciated. THanks. :confused:

John Se

dont pay until finished to your satisfaction/specs

Dont pay until finished to your satisfaction/specs, thats really all you can do. Most guys respond to money and find its easier to fix than fight, but he may try and intimidate you. Why would you be worried about padding costs, extra expenses? House should be built fixed price, change orders negotiated up front fixed price.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">