• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Permit for Driveway question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MD
Hello:
My elderly parents' next neighbor planned to get the permit to build driveway.

On county's appeal meeting, they expressed their concern over noise, because the planned driveway is next to my elderly parents' bedroom.

Can they build the driveway even though my elderly parents' concern over the noise?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MD
Hello:
My elderly parents' next neighbor planned to get the permit to build driveway.

On county's appeal meeting, they expressed their concern over noise, because the planned driveway is next to my elderly parents' bedroom.

Can they build the driveway even though my elderly parents' concern over the noise?

Thanks for your help in advance.
Are you talking about construction noise?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
No, ... their concern is driveway which brings noise, ... i.e. back-up cars, slamming open and close cars upon enterning and exiting the cars. Also, talking around cars when they have visitors.
I suggest they buy ear plugs. Why shouldn't someone be allowed to enjoy their own property?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">