• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Planting trees/fruit on land

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

limpyL

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MD
I live on 17 acres of land and my taxes have gone through the roof over the past 7 years. I would like to find out if there is someone I can go to educate myself to find out if I plant so many xmas trees or so much friut trees that I would be able to get a tax break.

DAD10

Fruit/Nut Tree's

Why have your taxes gone up?
Lets start with the basics needed to solve your problem.
A. The zoning of your property.
B. The sales date and purchase price of your property.
Gather that up LimpyD as more info is need.

Last edited:

limpyL

Why have your taxes gone up? property has gone up in value.
Lets start with the basics needed to solve your problem.
A. The zoning of your property. residential
B. The sales date and purchase price of your property.4/2000 for 86k

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MD
I live on 17 acres of land and my taxes have gone through the roof over the past 7 years. I would like to find out if there is someone I can go to educate myself to find out if I plant so many xmas trees or so much friut trees that I would be able to get a tax break.
**A: marijuana plants are more profitable.

FarmerJ

are you thinking pick your own or just selling at local farm mkts ? if your going to do pick your own have a long talk with your insurance agent as well as asking zoning to learn if there are any restrictions that would bar you from doing a pick your own business. Blueberrys sold at farm mkt get pricey for most consumers because they will just go to large grocery store and buy them on the cheap even though they were grown miles and miles away and are not truly fresh. pick your own brings more money but then you need better coverage so you dont end up poor when someone injures self. It comes down to restrictions , if zoning wont allow you to do a pick your own then you can still grow produce to re sell at local farm mkts. also look into variable speed well if your going to grow on more than 3 o4 4 acres.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">