• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pool decking contract issue - HELP!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Texas_P1

What is the name of your state? TX

We had a pool built and decking added. The contractor said that the way we wanted to decking might not get the results that we wanted. So I decided to change the deck layout with their designer. I would put my own flagstone in the area against the pool. This was an area of 17x9. It was decided to take that area and add it on to the back area. The designer remeasured it all and told me it was the same sq. feet quoted in the contact and would not cost me more. They started forming the deck and poring and the contract pool owner stated that he thought the deck was over the 400 sq. feet. The deck ended up being 540 feet. The contractor now wants $1300 (for the extra decking) to finish the staining and coloring of the stamped concrete. I told him I wasn't going to pay for this extra as his designer remeasured and said it was ok and that I wanted the staning completed. He said my wife said it was OK, but I nor her never signed anything addendum to such. Do I have to pay him to get this completed?

HomeGuru

Texas_P1 said:
What is the name of your state? TX

We had a pool built and decking added. The contractor said that the way we wanted to decking might not get the results that we wanted. So I decided to change the deck layout with their designer. I would put my own flagstone in the area against the pool. This was an area of 17x9. It was decided to take that area and add it on to the back area. The designer remeasured it all and told me it was the same sq. feet quoted in the contact and would not cost me more. They started forming the deck and poring and the contract pool owner stated that he thought the deck was over the 400 sq. feet. The deck ended up being 540 feet. The contractor now wants $1300 (for the extra decking) to finish the staining and coloring of the stamped concrete. I told him I wasn't going to pay for this extra as his designer remeasured and said it was ok and that I wanted the staning completed. He said my wife said it was OK, but I nor her never signed anything addendum to such. Do I have to pay him to get this completed?

**A: yes..............

Texas_P1

Yes, Yes what? And, then why? I didn't agree to the additional sq. footage, if there was going to be any. I was told by the designer that there would be no additional charges. Like I said I didn't sign any additional addendum. I did sign for other changes we made and had to pay more. He told us about these charges after the forming/pouring.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">