• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pool Drainage Problems

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Sherrie123

What is the name of your state? Florida

I had an inground pool and spa installed at my residence. The pool/spa area is screen enclosed. The entire project, pool, spa, enclosure, etc was contracted with one single company. The screen enclosure also has the drain spouts for the rainspill. When we have a hard rain, all the water spills out the gutter and creates a LARGE pond outside the side of my house. The rain water backs up on to the pool deck and into my home. I contacted the pool company whom claimed that the problem was due to an expanded driveway that I had installed for overflow parking. I knew that this was not the case, as the problem started before I extended the driveway. I paid a civil engineer whom found that although the driveway may aggitate the problem, that the pool drainspout system installed was the primary problem. I removed the new section of driveway now the standing water problem is worse (6 inches of standing water)! I contacted the pool company whom came out and excavated the dirt. They seemed confident that this would solve the problem. It has not solved the problem, we still have a water problem. The pool company will not correct the problem. To correct the problem, an underground drain with a sump pump needs to be installed ($1200.00). My first question: Is the pool company liable for this problem since the new enclosure/drain spout system that they installed is causing the problem? Furthermore, the contract that I signed says that all legal issues will be held in arrbitration in compliance with the NSPI chapter. The contract provides an address for the NSPI and directs legal request to be set up. I have sent several letters requesting arrbitration, nobody has answered. I finally sent a certified letter that came back to me. The chapter is no longer in business. Am I able to file in small claims court now, or do I need to try and find another NSPI chapter?

HomeGuru

Sherrie123 said:
What is the name of your state? Florida

I had an inground pool and spa installed at my residence. The pool/spa area is screen enclosed. The entire project, pool, spa, enclosure, etc was contracted with one single company. The screen enclosure also has the drain spouts for the rainspill. When we have a hard rain, all the water spills out the gutter and creates a LARGE pond outside the side of my house. The rain water backs up on to the pool deck and into my home. I contacted the pool company whom claimed that the problem was due to an expanded driveway that I had installed for overflow parking. I knew that this was not the case, as the problem started before I extended the driveway. I paid a civil engineer whom found that although the driveway may aggitate the problem, that the pool drainspout system installed was the primary problem. I removed the new section of driveway now the standing water problem is worse (6 inches of standing water)! I contacted the pool company whom came out and excavated the dirt. They seemed confident that this would solve the problem. It has not solved the problem, we still have a water problem. The pool company will not correct the problem. To correct the problem, an underground drain with a sump pump needs to be installed ($1200.00). My first question: Is the pool company liable for this problem since the new enclosure/drain spout system that they installed is causing the problem? Furthermore, the contract that I signed says that all legal issues will be held in arrbitration in compliance with the NSPI chapter. The contract provides an address for the NSPI and directs legal request to be set up. I have sent several letters requesting arrbitration, nobody has answered. I finally sent a certified letter that came back to me. The chapter is no longer in business. Am I able to file in small claims court now, or do I need to try and find another NSPI chapter?
**A: and when you contacted the main office at NSPI, what did those fine folks tell you?

S

Sherrie123

Re: Re: Pool Drainage Problems

HomeGuru said:
**A: and when you contacted the main office at NSPI, what did those fine folks tell you?
That's just it, I can't seem to locate a chapter by me to help. I called a few chapters, however they said that they do not handle my area and can not provide a name of someone whom can! Seems strange. I would really like to take this to small claims court, however not sure if the arbitration still sticks since the chapter no longer exists.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">