• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Porch Predicament for President

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

condola

What is the name of your state? Chicago, IL

Our condo building has two 3 story wooden porches. We just became aware that they are breaking some serious city codes. I found an approved contractor to demolish the porches and rebuild according to code. The dilemma comes with (what else) money! Since every condo in our building has a different configuration we have one unit which does not have a porch. Should the owner of this unit get some type of financial break because they don't have porch? We've luckily built a reserve fund which can pay for the porches but I'm not sure how to respond to the porchless owner. Help! :eek:

HomeGuru

condola said:
What is the name of your state? Chicago, IL

Our condo building has two 3 story wooden porches. We just became aware that they are breaking some serious city codes. I found an approved contractor to demolish the porches and rebuild according to code. The dilemma comes with (what else) money! Since every condo in our building has a different configuration we have one unit which does not have a porch. Should the owner of this unit get some type of financial break because they don't have porch? We've luckily built a reserve fund which can pay for the porches but I'm not sure how to respond to the porchless owner. Help! :eek:
**A: the answer is no.

condola

Gimme More?

Chicago, IL - Any elaboration on the "No"? Or is it like when you are a kid and your parents say, "Because I said, No!"... Just looking for some real down to earth explaination of why besides the obvious (we live as a community...). Thanks Home Guru, Kathryn. :)

HomeGuru

condola said:
Chicago, IL - Any elaboration on the "No"? Or is it like when you are a kid and your parents say, "Because I said, No!"... Just looking for some real down to earth explaination of why besides the obvious (we live as a community...). Thanks Home Guru, Kathryn. :)

**A: read your CC&R's. The answer is therein.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">