• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Powder Post Beetle Infestation!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

novina

What is the name of your state? Pa

Hello,my problem is that my husband and I are building a log home and we are close to completion.We discovered holes in the walls(no there before),did some research and the are a boring beetle of some kind.The company says they will fix the problem.The thing is I am not sure if we should ask for a refund on all the wood in the hose being that it is all damaged(the holes are in every room.The company says they have never had this happen before but realizethat it is their problem.If I could return the house I would.If I bought a car that was damaged I would demand a new one.This is really upsetting because we can not do any mor work with the house until they get rid of the pests.Does anyone think we have a case.The logs come with a life time warrenty ..Thanks

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

novina said:
What is the name of your state? Pa

Hello,my problem is that my husband and I are building a log home and we are close to completion.We discovered holes in the walls(no there before),did some research and the are a boring beetle of some kind.The company says they will fix the problem.The thing is I am not sure if we should ask for a refund on all the wood in the hose being that it is all damaged(the holes are in every room.The company says they have never had this happen before but realizethat it is their problem.If I could return the house I would.If I bought a car that was damaged I would demand a new one.This is really upsetting because we can not do any mor work with the house until they get rid of the pests.Does anyone think we have a case.The logs come with a life time warrenty ..Thanks

My response:

You said, "The company says they . . . realize that it is their problem."

Then you said, "The logs come with a life time warrenty."

Okay, then other than inconvenience, what is the problem? I'm almost possitive that, in their "warranty", they say they are not liable for consequential damages, and that their limit of liability is the cost of the logs.

I must presume, that if they "realize" it's their problem, that the company is going to voluntarily rectify the problem in some satisfactory manner, and in keeping with the terms of the warranty.

IAAL

N

novina

I thank you for your responce. I guess I was not very clear.The problem is that the type of insect that is in the house has caused damage to the walls.The only way to know how bad the damage is ,is to cut into the wall and see.We are left with a brand new house that has already decreased in value.I am also unhappy with the fact that I have holes in every log wall in the house,and that the house will most likely have to be fumigated,and there is a chance of that not even working.It is just one thing too many to deal with.
Thanks again for your responce.

HomeGuru

novina said:
I thank you for your responce. I guess I was not very clear.The problem is that the type of insect that is in the house has caused damage to the walls.The only way to know how bad the damage is ,is to cut into the wall and see.We are left with a brand new house that has already decreased in value.I am also unhappy with the fact that I have holes in every log wall in the house,and that the house will most likely have to be fumigated,and there is a chance of that not even working.It is just one thing too many to deal with.
Thanks again for your responce.
**A: hire a pest control contractor and a structural engineer . Make sure you get written reports and forward them to the bullder for corrective action.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">