• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Problem with leak from the balcony above

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mzaslavsky

Hello,

I've purchased a condo in Cambridge, MA in June, 2009. The building was built in 2007. The problem is that our apartment (particularly, living room) has a serious damage from water leak from the apartment above caused by heavy rains, and it sill leaks a lot. Despite to a millions of phone calls to the seller (he is constructor as well) during 9 MONTHS (already) and pointing him out that problem NOTHING was done to resolve it.

Both me and wife are tired to pour out tens of buckets of water every time when the rain is heavy. Both of us travel a lot, and sometimes none of us are at home, so that buckets of water might cause a serious damage to the apartment below.

Now it became even more urgent. Due to a hard rain these days I saw wet ceilings even in the middle of the room as well as space under windows in our bedroom. Moreover, it starts leaking right under our light fixtures. That might cause a serious damage to the whole building due to fire, especially when neither me nor my wife are at home.
Could you, please, advice if you can help me, how much would it cost and would it be possible to pursue seller to pay your fees.

Thanks and best regards
Mikhail

HomeGuru

Hello,

I've purchased a condo in Cambridge, MA in June, 2009. The building was built in 2007. The problem is that our apartment (particularly, living room) has a serious damage from water leak from the apartment above caused by heavy rains, and it sill leaks a lot. Despite to a millions of phone calls to the seller (he is constructor as well) during 9 MONTHS (already) and pointing him out that problem NOTHING was done to resolve it.

Both me and wife are tired to pour out tens of buckets of water every time when the rain is heavy. Both of us travel a lot, and sometimes none of us are at home, so that buckets of water might cause a serious damage to the apartment below.

Now it became even more urgent. Due to a hard rain these days I saw wet ceilings even in the middle of the room as well as space under windows in our bedroom. Moreover, it starts leaking right under our light fixtures. That might cause a serious damage to the whole building due to fire, especially when neither me nor my wife are at home.
Could you, please, advice if you can help me, how much would it cost and would it be possible to pursue seller to pay your fees.

Thanks and best regards
Mikhail
**A: why are you calling? You need to be sending letters to the Owner, condo Board Pres. and property management company via certified rrr mail threatening to sue. Maybe you should hire an attorney already since you don't know how to handle these things on your own. Have you even spoken to your insurance agent?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">