• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Property Features question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

laurak428

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?
Washington

I am buying new construction in a developement. One of the property features on the listing for the home was an athletic court. It was one of the reasons I am buying this home. Now the builder has decided not to build it after all. I am wondering what I can do about this- I would still like the athletic court, and I have printed out multiple listings in my neighborhood that list it as a property feature as well. I don't know my neighbors yet, since I won't be moving in until August. Any suggestions? Thanks for any help! Laura

HomeGuru

laurak428 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?
Washington

I am buying new construction in a developement. One of the property features on the listing for the home was an athletic court. It was one of the reasons I am buying this home. Now the builder has decided not to build it after all. I am wondering what I can do about this- I would still like the athletic court, and I have printed out multiple listings in my neighborhood that list it as a property feature as well. I don't know my neighbors yet, since I won't be moving in until August. Any suggestions? Thanks for any help! Laura

**A: read your contract and the CC&R's.

L

laurak428

CC&R's

All the CC&R's say is under an area entitled "Non-Developement of Certain Areas." It says: "In the event the drain fields, utilities, park, and trails shown on the preliminary plat are not developed, the area designated for them shall be developed and designated as an open space tract for permanent passive open space."

Does this cover the fact that they chose not to build the athletic court, yet it was listed as one of the selling points of the home I purchased?

HomeGuru

laurak428 said:
All the CC&R's say is under an area entitled "Non-Developement of Certain Areas." It says: "In the event the drain fields, utilities, park, and trails shown on the preliminary plat are not developed, the area designated for them shall be developed and designated as an open space tract for permanent passive open space."

Does this cover the fact that they chose not to build the athletic court, yet it was listed as one of the selling points of the home I purchased?

**A: No, since there public reports etc. that you needed to review. Take your docs to an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">