• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Purchase of New Construction on Seller owned lot

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bravehorse87002

What is the name of your state? New Mexico
I signed a contract with my Realtor to purchase new home construction on a seller owned lot. The builder/seller who was to secure the financing for the construction and pay for the lot. The lot was owned by someone else. The builder did not secure the financing at the bank and we lost the lot. I say the builder/seller is in default and has misrepresented himself because he does not own the lot and did not get financing in a reasonable amount of time. Now he won't sign the release on the contract or the earnest money either. What can I do? We are supposed to close on the newly constructed house the 15th of December.

HomeGuru

bravehorse87002 said:
What is the name of your state? New Mexico
I signed a contract with my Realtor to purchase new home construction on a seller owned lot. The builder/seller who was to secure the financing for the construction and pay for the lot. The lot was owned by someone else. The builder did not secure the financing at the bank and we lost the lot. I say the builder/seller is in default and has misrepresented himself because he does not own the lot and did not get financing in a reasonable amount of time. Now he won't sign the release on the contract or the earnest money either. What can I do? We are supposed to close on the newly constructed house the 15th of December.
**A: have an attorney review your contract and advise you accordingly.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">