• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Purchasing Land Nightmare

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Tweety1021

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

I am trying to purchase land that a real estate company has up for sale. I have had nothing but problems and since i don't know all the rules, i am quite confused. I first looked at this property in June and went to see an attorney in July to have the title searched. He came back to me with a few minor problems with the title but said they were easy to resolve. Now that it is september and i have to close by next week he called me and said that the deed was never recorded in the courthouse, just filed. Wouldn't he know this in july when he searched the title? How can you tell if a deed is recorded or just filed? He is telling me the property will be re-surveyed and put before the zoning board to fix this problem. Is this true? I am very confused and don't know if i should cont thru with this deal or not. He said it will take another 2 to 3 months, but how do i know he won't come back in 2 months with more problems. Please help with advice if you can. I'm desperate!!!

Souix

Tweety1021 said:
What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

I am trying to purchase land that a real estate company has up for sale. I have had nothing but problems and since i don't know all the rules, i am quite confused. I first looked at this property in June and went to see an attorney in July to have the title searched. He came back to me with a few minor problems with the title but said they were easy to resolve. Now that it is september and i have to close by next week he called me and said that the deed was never recorded in the courthouse, just filed. Wouldn't he know this in july when he searched the title? How can you tell if a deed is recorded or just filed? He is telling me the property will be re-surveyed and put before the zoning board to fix this problem. Is this true? I am very confused and don't know if i should cont thru with this deal or not. He said it will take another 2 to 3 months, but how do i know he won't come back in 2 months with more problems. Please help with advice if you can. I'm desperate!!!

**If you get no response to your question, lock it up and repost under Real Estate Law General Questions as this is not a renovation question.***

HomeGuru

Re: Re: Purchasing Land Nightmare

Souix said:
**If you get no response to your question, lock it up and repost under Real Estate Law General Questions as this is not a renovation question.***
**A: lock it up?

Souix

Re: Re: Re: Purchasing Land Nightmare

HomeGuru said:
**A: lock it up?

**Can't you lock your own thread? Or do what JETX does and refer responders to the new thread in the correct forum?**

HomeGuru

We don't like locked or closed threads. Such a thread should be deleted if reposted in a different forum.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">