• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PVC quest pipes

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pooh1965

What is the name of your state? AZ... purchased mobile home in '95 (home was manufactured in '86). Began to have several water leaks and filed against the PVC Quest class action lawsuit for re-piping in '97 due to severe water damages. I was notified I did not qualify due to this had to be filed within 11 yrs (which it was). I usually have 1-2 water leaks a month, which has caused severe water damages, including rotted flooring, carpet damage, walls damaged and mold. I again called cox vs. shell to reapply. Now being told that I do not qualify due to the settlement is for homes purchased after Aug. '95, and I purchased my home in June '95. I would like to know if there are any further settlements or suits available to those who have been denied, as in my case, regardless if I purchased my home TWO months too early, I still have the same defective plastic piping and should be allowed to have my home re-piped due to all the damages this defective piping has caused.... any suggestions or advice greatly appreciated. thanks

HomeGuru

pooh1965 said:
What is the name of your state? AZ... purchased mobile home in '95 (home was manufactured in '86). Began to have several water leaks and filed against the PVC Quest class action lawsuit for re-piping in '97 due to severe water damages. I was notified I did not qualify due to this had to be filed within 11 yrs (which it was). I usually have 1-2 water leaks a month, which has caused severe water damages, including rotted flooring, carpet damage, walls damaged and mold. I again called cox vs. shell to reapply. Now being told that I do not qualify due to the settlement is for homes purchased after Aug. '95, and I purchased my home in June '95. I would like to know if there are any further settlements or suits available to those who have been denied, as in my case, regardless if I purchased my home TWO months too early, I still have the same defective plastic piping and should be allowed to have my home re-piped due to all the damages this defective piping has caused.... any suggestions or advice greatly appreciated. thanks

**A: due to the specifc nature of your request and the numerous variables, you need to contact legal counsel for the class action Plaintiffs and your own personal attorney.

FarmerJ

If you find that you cannot do anything legally and end up having to make repairs yourself every quest elbow or T that fails replace with brass compression fittings . ( it was the pinch fittings they used if I recall correct that failed easily ???)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">