• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Remodeling Job - How to avoid a Lein

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

altjimwilson

What is the name of your state? MO

I'm hiring a General Contractor (reputable) for some remodeling work.

Just to be safe anyway, what is the best way to avoid the possibility of a Lein on my house?

Can I simply write on the contract something like the following, or is there some form I need?

"<contractor's name here> is responsible for obtaining all lein releases from sub-contractors and suppliers".

Thanks as always for your help!

HomeGuru

altjimwilson said:
What is the name of your state? MO

I'm hiring a General Contractor (reputable) for some remodeling work.

Just to be safe anyway, what is the best way to avoid the possibility of a Lein on my house?

Can I simply write on the contract something like the following, or is there some form I need?

"<contractor's name here> is responsible for obtaining all lein releases from sub-contractors and suppliers".

Thanks as always for your help!
**A: go to the contractors license board and consumer protection office and make sure you use a good contract form and lien waiver forms.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">