• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Residential Construction Delays

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Seeking Advise

I am in the U.S. in the state of Virginia. I am having some flooring put into my house and the contractor did not order enough wood and then ordered the incorrect color wood so had to reorder and has been off site with no work done for longer than 30 days when at the very least the 1/4 round molding could have been installed in the rooms that are finished. I once heard that if a contactor is off site for more than 30 days they are in breach of contract. Does anyone know if that is true in Virginia? Thank you!

quincy

I am in the U.S. in the state of Virginia. I am having some flooring put into my house and the contractor did not order enough wood and then ordered the incorrect color wood so had to reorder and has been off site with no work done for longer than 30 days when at the very least the 1/4 round molding could have been installed in the rooms that are finished. I once heard that if a contactor is off site for more than 30 days they are in breach of contract. Does anyone know if that is true in Virginia? Thank you!
The contract governs.

Does your contract have a "liquidated damages" clause that covers compensation should there be late delivery of material or some other breach of the contract terms? If not, then you would need to look to the actual damage caused by the delay to determine if there is any legal action worth pursuing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">