• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

returning tools

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hardlesson

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

Hello, I'm hoping someone can guide me with my dilema. I hired, at a recommendation of a friend, someone to do some remodeling of my kitchen. No contract, verbal. (yeah, I know) During this process, he has fallen off the face of the earth not to be seen again! Does not return phone calls, etc. I think I know why, he cracked the counter top during installation. I paid him some money, not 100%, but the work is now done by a different reputable firm.

He has left tools, worth a couple of thousand dollars at my house, that I want removed. While I don't want to harm him or his future, what are my rights regarding disposing of these tools, (joiner, midar saw, table saw, nail guns, air compressor to name a few things).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

John Se

Send a certified letter

send a certified letter that you are going to auction his abandoned equipment in 30 day on E-bay

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">