• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

roof repairs post hurricane charley

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

ROSAAA

What is the name of your state?

FLORIDA my roof was damaged by hurricane charlie I faxed my acceptance of a contract to a roofer with a cover sheet that they contact me upon receipt.. They have not and do not return phone calls. Can I go to another roofing company

the roofers are getting between 200 and 300 calls a day for repair. NOw after Frances, they are really getting buzzed. A little patience probably would go a long way.

HomeGuru

ROSAAA said:
What is the name of your state?

FLORIDA my roof was damaged by hurricane charlie I faxed my acceptance of a contract to a roofer with a cover sheet that they contact me upon receipt.. They have not and do not return phone calls. Can I go to another roofing company
**A: yes, but you must first send a certified rrr letter to terminate the contract and state the reason.

rmet4nzkx

Most likely, if your fax arrived without error then it is on their machine, with Frances they may be out working emergency repairs or not able to get back for what ever reason, if you go with another roofer, you will get put at the end of a long line of other storm repairs and maybe take longer.

HomeGuru

rmet4nzkx said:
Most likely, if your fax arrived without error then it is on their machine, with Frances they may be out working emergency repairs or not able to get back for what ever reason, if you go with another roofer, you will get put at the end of a long line of other storm repairs and maybe take longer.
**A: Yup, back to the end of the line for you. Ok, let's say we can get to your roof sometime during the Christmas week.

rmet4nzkx

HomeGuru said:
**A: Yup, back to the end of the line for you. Ok, let's say we can get to your roof sometime during the Christmas week.
Yup! 1/2 of Fl still doesn't electricity yet, people are waitng in line for water, ice and long lines for gas where they have it available and who knows how long before they have all the supplies to do the repairs.

In mid December 1988 I lost my roof in California of all places to a tornado, the insurance company paid a roofer almost $1,000 to put a plastic tarp on the roof, they charges $120 for a roll of plastic that normally was <$10 because of scarcity, right. It was February before another roofer could make it out to repair the roof and our roof was the only one in the area to require extensive repairs, nothing close to the damage by Charley or Frances. It takes time and they aren't sure when Ivan will hit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">