• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Roofer problems

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Misterbrit

undefinedWhat is the name of your state? FLA

I signed a contract to have my roof replaced in May of this year. After delays with material and permitting the work began at he beginning of Aug.The roofer arrived and began the tear offof the old roofing and the "dry in" of the roof deck. He gave me a bill for $5100 a third of the job cost and I paid it the next day. On Friday the 13th of August Hurricane Charley came through our area and my roofer deserted me. He returned 2 weeks after Charley and completed the tear off and "dry in"(I use that word very loosely).He has not returned to do any work since.I can get no one to return my calls, just excuses.
I have numerous stains on my ceilings due to leaks. I have had to try to stop the leaks using my own roof cement and I have had to nail down flapping tar paper because I can get no response from the roofer. This is totally unacceptable.
On 14th Oct I faxed a letter to the owner of the company, however I do not hold much hope of a reply.
I understand that roofers are busy due to our storms but My contract was signed and the job started before we had our first hurricane. I have had a leaky tar paper roof for over 8 weeks and I am at my wits end.
Do I have any legal recourse or am I at my roofers mercy because he now has probably taken on more work than he can handle.

I need help !

M

Misterbrit

Thanks

Thanks for all 0f the replies.Glad I wasted my time posting.

HomeGuru

Misterbrit said:
Thanks for all 0f the replies.Glad I wasted my time posting.
**A: this week roofer problems were to be responded to on Friday.
But given your attitude, it will be Friday of next year.

M

Misterbrit

Don't bother, I have read your replies to other people. You appear to be the self appointed King of this forum . I dont need your superior attitude. Ta ta.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">