• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Roofing Problem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

HouseAllie

What is the name of your state? MA

My house was built in 1999 which I purchased thru a realtor from a contractor. A few weeks ago I had a bad windstorm and a dozen shingles flew off the roof. I have since called a roofing Co. to repair the missing shingles. This roofing contractor was not the original installer as I do not know who installed it originally. The roofer has informed me that the roof is in poor shape and that all of the nails have been blown thru the shingles. What is my recourse to the builder or orignal roofing contractor. I have had other issues in the beginning with the original builder and I have not spoken to him in years. I can probably get a written statement from the roofer that repaired the roof stating the problem. I did have a 1 year warranty on the house but that has since past. Can I sue the builder or original roofing contractor if I can find him for faulty installation. ( By the way, I did not get a house inspection done when I purchased the home)
HELP............

HomeGuru

HouseAllie said:
What is the name of your state? MA

My house was built in 1999 which I purchased thru a realtor from a contractor. A few weeks ago I had a bad windstorm and a dozen shingles flew off the roof. I have since called a roofing Co. to repair the missing shingles. This roofing contractor was not the original installer as I do not know who installed it originally. The roofer has informed me that the roof is in poor shape and that all of the nails have been blown thru the shingles. What is my recourse to the builder or orignal roofing contractor. I have had other issues in the beginning with the original builder and I have not spoken to him in years. I can probably get a written statement from the roofer that repaired the roof stating the problem. I did have a 1 year warranty on the house but that has since past. Can I sue the builder or original roofing contractor if I can find him for faulty installation. ( By the way, I did not get a house inspection done when I purchased the home)
HELP............

**A: talk to a construction defect litigation attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">