• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ryland placed house wrong, please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DiamondAuto

What is the name of your state? Georgia
I bought a ryland home on a 1 acre lot. the builder placed the footing for the basement 8 feet from the property line, and 6 feet behind the house next to it. Anyone can see that the house is placed wrong. When I saw the footing, I called and told them to stop building until I got clarification, and the builder just kep building while I stood right there and watched. Then he said he wouldnt pour the walls unitl he could talk to the engineer. The engineer then said they could move the house 6 feet. The builder said it would cost him 6000.00 and that he would not move the house. Now Ryland says, they will give us our earnest money back, and release us from the contract. I want the house, I want them to move it. I need help, soon, before they build it any further. I can be reached at 770-655-1219 Harry

JETX

DiamondAuto said:
I want the house, I want them to move it.
What you 'want' really has little to do with this.
Your ONLY options are:
1) To accept the property as is (WRONG DECISION!), or
2) Agreeing to rescind the contract with a refund of all funds, or
3) Pursue 'specific performance' in court.

If you agree to rescind, make sure you stay on top of the this and let the FUTURE owner know of the problem ..... you might also let Ryland know you will do this!
If you decide to litigate, talk with a local attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">