• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Screwed by Judge!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

luckypup

What is the name of your state? NH

My lawyer told me that the client who didn't pay for a kitchen renovation was at fault because we were barred from the job site and not allowed to "inspect and cure". Judge told us today to come back with an expert witness to testify....but did not want to hear us when we tried to explain that the work was already redone!

How does one testify to workmanship if the work is altered? (By the way, we were absolutely barred from the property, not as if we didn't try.)

We did not have a lawyer there. Thought is was the People's Court and the judge would be a bit friendlier. Any ideas how to have someone testify for us about the work done, given it can no longer be examined??

Thank you for any help.

HomeGuru

luckypup said:

My lawyer told me that the client who didn't pay for a kitchen renovation was at fault because we were barred from the job site and not allowed to "inspect and cure". Judge told us today to come back with an expert witness to testify....but did not want to hear us when we tried to explain that the work was already redone!

How does one testify to workmanship if the work is altered? (By the way, we were absolutely barred from the property, not as if we didn't try.)

We did not have a lawyer there. Thought is was the People's Court and the judge would be a bit friendlier. Any ideas how to have someone testify for us about the work done, given it can no longer be examined??

Thank you for any help.
**A: is th is a response to a continuing thread of yours? If so, please post to that thread.

L

luckypup

Sorry! Thought the old post had gotten too old and long. Please go to original post "client won't pay".

Thanks.

HomeGuru

I do not search for threads. If you want a response, follow my directions and post on your initial thread.

L

luckypup

Home Guru: " do not search for threads. If you want a response, follow my directions and post on your initial thread"

....and that's exactly what I did.

HomeGuru

luckypup said:
Home Guru: " do not search for threads. If you want a response, follow my directions and post on your initial thread"

....and that's exactly what I did.
**A: no you did not. Look at the first post made by you starting this thread starting with "My lawyer........." That specific post in not on your other thread. Do you see how confusing this gets when you make another thread on the same subject?

L

luckypup

to home guru

HomeGuru
Senor Member

"So are you going to follow instructions?"

I am at a loss as to why we are still on this thread, which you asked me at the beginning to refer back to the original thread "client won't pay". I thought I followed your instructions and reposted there and don't know why we continue to converse about this.

I would prefer to have my question answered on that thread with some legal advice or strategy. That question (re: spoliation posted 10/25/03) still remains unanswered on the original thread "client won't pay".

Thank you for your time.

HomeGuru

luckypup said:

Thank you for any help.
**A: do you see this post above made by you starting with "My lawyer told me....? Post it in your other thread; yes, your original initial "client won't pay" thread. Why can't you understand that? Why Have you not done that? The last time I looked, I was typing in English?

L

luckypup

HomeGuru
Senor Member

**A: do you see this post above made by you starting with "My lawyer told me....? Post it in your other thread; yes, your original initial "client won't pay" thread. Why can't you understand that? Why Have you not done that? The last time I looked, I was typing in English?"

....I think I know what's going on here. I DID repost my thread starting with "my lawyer told me....", but when I reposted it, I deleted the first sentence and kept everything starting with "Judge told us today...." I deleted the first part because I felt it was repeating information that was already on the post "client won't pay". I'm sorry it was confusing! (I'm also sorry I wasted your time with this back & forth while we could have been talking about more interesting things: my case!)

HomeGuru

Now you are getting it. You needed to repost the EXACT post. Not revise or delete portions of it. That is what I was getting at.
And yes, enough of my time has been wasted on this because you want to make up your own way of doing things and not follow my instructions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">