• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Shared Fence, Shared Cost

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Z

zoie510

What is the name of your state? California

My backyard fence - which is shared with a duplex behind me - is literally falling to the ground - do I have a leg to stand on if I contact the owner and request 50% of the rebuild cost?

P

Pfaffing85690

And what is the legal basis for your question? Do you have an agreement already stating the fence is co-owned and the maintenance is also co-responsibility.

So you have a current survey showing the exact position of the fence?

Go ahead and write a letter requesting they help with the cost. It won't hurt. But unless you have something in writing, don't get your panties in a bunch if they say no.

HomeGuru

zoie510 said:
What is the name of your state? California

My backyard fence - which is shared with a duplex behind me - is literally falling to the ground - do I have a leg to stand on if I contact the owner and request 50% of the rebuild cost?
**A: yes, you have a leg. And the owner can also give you the finger.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">