• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stucco

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

SanAntonio

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Texas

I contracted the building of my home and the Stucco contractor I hired sub-contracted the work out and the workmanship was terrible. The work was so bad that I will need to re-hire a contractor to complete and redo the task. The current contractor is going out of business and the sub-contractor is currently in dispute with the contractor over payments.

I held back the final payment on this job. Do I have any recourse in suing for the difference in costs of re-doing the stucco job? If so, should I sue the contractor, sub-contractor, and parent company of the stucco product? The reason I included the parent company of the stucco product is because the contractor represented herself as a representative of the company and their website stated that they had certified contractors available to apply their product.

Last edited:

HomeGuru

SanAntonio said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Texas

I contracted the building of my home and the Stucco contractor I hired sub-contracted the work out and the workmanship was terrible. The work was so bad that I will need to re-hire a contractor to complete and redo the task. The current contractor is going out of business and the sub-contractor is currently in dispute with the contractor over payments.

I held back the final payment on this job. Do I have any recourse in suing for the difference in costs of re-doing the stucco job? If so, should I sue the contractor, sub-contractor, and parent company of the stucco product? The reason I included the parent company of the stucco product is because the contractor represented herself as a representative of the company and their website stated that they had certified contractors available to apply their product.
**A: you mainly have recourse against the general that you have the contract with. You do have a contract correct? Anyone can represent themselves as a representative of any company. Did you actually contact the stucco company to see if the contractor and the sub were licensed and certified applicators?

P

Peety

The state licensing board for contractors can assist you.

S

SanAntonio

undefined[FONT=]undefined[/FONT]
HomeGuru said:
**A: you mainly have recourse against the general that you have the contract with. You do have a contract correct? Anyone can represent themselves as a representative of any company. Did you actually contact the stucco company to see if the contractor and the sub were licensed and certified applicators?
I have a contract with the contractor. I contacted the stucco company and they trained the contractor on the use of the product. The stucco company is willing to supply their product at 60% below their normal price to re-do the house. The sub-contractor was not certified but the contractor was. The contractor decided to train the sub-contractor in one day to apply the stucco to my house.

HomeGuru

SanAntonio said:
undefined[FONT=]undefined[/FONT]

I have a contract with the contractor. I contacted the stucco company and they trained the contractor on the use of the product. The stucco company is willing to supply their product at 60% below their normal price to re-do the house. The sub-contractor was not certified but the contractor was. The contractor decided to train the sub-contractor in one day to apply the stucco to my house.
**A: the general is still responsible.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">