• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sub-contracting

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

roadster

What is the name of your state? TX

I hope this is correct. I recently was hired as a sub-contractor for a home builder to do some work in the home. We had a verbal agreement only. I've done other homes for him and never had a problem. He paid me on a weekly basis according to how much work I had completed. I was on my final days of completion of my work and was expecting to get paid. He said no one gets paid until the entire house is finished. Which was not or has never been the agreement. So I got made and left before the job was complete. Now he said he plans to sue me, because I left the job site before it was finished. Does he have a foot to stand on.

HomeGuru

roadster said:
What is the name of your state? TX

I hope this is correct. I recently was hired as a sub-contractor for a home builder to do some work in the home. We had a verbal agreement only. I've done other homes for him and never had a problem. He paid me on a weekly basis according to how much work I had completed. I was on my final days of completion of my work and was expecting to get paid. He said no one gets paid until the entire house is finished. Which was not or has never been the agreement. So I got made and left before the job was complete. Now he said he plans to sue me, because I left the job site before it was finished. Does he have a foot to stand on.
**A: yes, of course. In fact he had 2 feet to stand on. Clearly you abanonded the job.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">