• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

substandard concrete work

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

aftershock

What is the name of your state? Delaware

we recently hired a contractor to pour and finish a garage floor and install a drain for rainwater runoff. the work was not completed as i had directed. as a result of not following my direction in regards to the grade of the floor the drain was installed too low and the garage door did not meet the floor. now there are cracks in the floor and the drain is falling apart. there was no written contract, only a verbal contract and a handshake. do i have any legal recourse and if so how should i proceed?

HomeGuru

aftershock said:
What is the name of your state? Delaware

we recently hired a contractor to pour and finish a garage floor and install a drain for rainwater runoff. the work was not completed as i had directed. as a result of not following my direction in regards to the grade of the floor the drain was installed too low and the garage door did not meet the floor. now there are cracks in the floor and the drain is falling apart. there was no written contract, only a verbal contract and a handshake. do i have any legal recourse and if so how should i proceed?
**A: how lame is that not having a written contract? Contact your state consumer protection office.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">