• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

swimming pool contractor problem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dmflying

What is the name of your state? California

My house was under construction. While my new house was being built. Constructio of my pool was started by a different contractor. well they ran all plumbing and set the new equipment out (filter, heater and pumps) it was stolen. I wasnt aware the equipment was out there until a few weeks later. well by the time i was going to protect it it was gone. I called the contractor and i was told they didnt know what had happened to the equipment. and fill out a police report. so i did. Now the contracotor wants me to pay for re install of equipment and also pay for the equipment. Am i liable for the equipment ? Any help greatly appreciated thank you

John Se

did you pay to have the pool finished?

did you pay to have the pool finished? I mean was this under the overall purchase contract or a seperate one by you?, How much have you paid for the pool of the total?

lwpat

What does your contract with the pool contractor say? Normally the responsibility lies with the contractor and he should have insurance known as "builders risk".

HomeGuru

lwpat said:
What does your contract with the pool contractor say? Normally the responsibility lies with the contractor and he should have insurance known as "builders risk".

**A: correct.........

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">