• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

They decided to claim the breach :)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mlmelmo

State = NJ

So, I guess the contractor sensed an issue and decided to strike first and file a breach of contract against us, you have to love it.

All the note says is "My clients contend you have breached the contract and are liable to ABC Builders for damages. They are retaining your deposit in lieu of an action for damages. If this is not satisfactory to you, I suggest you
consult your attorney."

I have asked for a description of the breach and not gotten a response. Is there any requirement to provide the detail other than they are claiming breach?

Yes, I have started looking for a construction attorney.

If they are found at fault will I be able to claim legal fees?

There is a clause in the contract that that all disputes shall be resolved by binding arbitration. So, how can they act in this manner?

HomeGuru

mlmelmo said:
State = NJ

So, I guess the contractor sensed an issue and decided to strike first and file a breach of contract against us, you have to love it.

All the note says is "My clients contend you have breached the contract and are liable to ABC Builders for damages. They are retaining your deposit in lieu of an action for damages. If this is not satisfactory to you, I suggest you
consult your attorney."

I have asked for a description of the breach and not gotten a response. Is there any requirement to provide the detail other than they are claiming breach?

Yes, I have started looking for a construction attorney.

If they are found at fault will I be able to claim legal fees?

There is a clause in the contract that that all disputes shall be resolved by binding arbitration. So, how can they act in this manner?
**A: post to your initial thread. Do not start a new thread. It really gets confusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">