• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Threats to put a lien on my property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Dremaestro

What is the name of your state? California

I recently engaged an insulation company to spray a depth six inches of foam insulation on my sub-floor walls. The contract states "aprox. six inches in depth."

They ended up putting more than 12" in most places screwing up my plan to lay plywood on the walls.

At first they agreed to shave it off but now they refuse and threaten to place a lien on my property if I do not pay.

If the contract states apx. 6 inches and they spray 12 inches, have they not fulfilled their end of the contract?

HomeGuru

Dremaestro said:
What is the name of your state? California

I recently engaged an insulation company to spray a depth six inches of foam insulation on my sub-floor walls. The contract states "aprox. six inches in depth."

They ended up putting more than 12" in most places screwing up my plan to lay plywood on the walls.

At first they agreed to shave it off but now they refuse and threaten to place a lien on my property if I do not pay.

If the contract states apx. 6 inches and they spray 12 inches, have they not fulfilled their end of the contract?
**A: yes, and in fact they have twice fulfilled their end of the contract. Next time your should have an attorney review your contract and write in "insulation will be sprayed approximately 6 inches in depth with a minimum depth of ____inches and a maximum depth of _____inches from the face of the _____"

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">