• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unfair estimate charge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Hugo N

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Oregon

My dad's (very poor english speaking) house was damaged by water leak, and he contacted his insurance. The insurance company sent Service Master (Drying Sheetrod company), and the Service Master brought along a private contractor. Without figured out the detail, my dad signed a paper of process with the private contractor, which states the repair project will be his upon agreed price. After the insurace company sent my dad a check, the contractor sent a bill to my dad shows 21 hours his project estimation time and total equal to $1500 dollars (charge included called my dad and me for $90 dollars/hour). He told me that these money will roll into the project.

Is this fair? Is it anyway to dispute that? When my dad sign the willingness paper, there is no statement metioned the estimation will be charge and $90 dollars/Hour. He clearly understand that my dad speak poor english and email to me and ask me to translate to him.

Thank You!
Hugo

Dave1952

I don't understand your complaint. What's wrong?
Your father's house suffered water damage. He has insurance. His insurer recommended Service Master ( a large franchise ). Service Master recommended a private contractor to make some repairs after SM removed and dried the water.. Your father hired both SM and the contractor. I presume the house was dried by SM and then the contractor repaired some sheetrock, or flooring. The insurer sent your father a check to cover the repairs, less the deductible. This is quite normal, so what's troubling you.

LdiJ

I don't understand your complaint. What's wrong?
Your father's house suffered water damage. He has insurance. His insurer recommended Service Master ( a large franchise ). Service Master recommended a private contractor to make some repairs after SM removed and dried the water.. Your father hired both SM and the contractor. I presume the house was dried by SM and then the contractor repaired some sheetrock, or flooring. The insurer sent your father a check to cover the repairs, less the deductible. This is quite normal, so what's troubling you.
I think he is saying that they added an extra 1500.00 after the insurance paid.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">