• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unhappy subcontractor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Drywaller

What is the name of your state? New Hampshire

I am a drywall subcontractor.I had a verbal contract with the contractor to do work,He refused to pay me in full.My work was more than satisfactory.He says the homeowner will not pay him,so he is not paying me.I called owner and she doesnt care,she says talk to my lawyer.
What can I do to collect my money?How do I go about putting a lien on her property?I cant seem to find any info on New Hampshire lien laws.It isnt enough money to hire a lawyer($500.00)thanks

HomeGuru

Drywaller said:
What is the name of your state? New Hampshire

I am a drywall subcontractor.I had a verbal contract with the contractor to do work,
**A: that was your first mistake. Never do work on a verbal contract.

He refused to pay me in full.My work was more than satisfactory.He says the homeowner will not pay him,so he is not paying me.I called owner and she doesnt care,she says talk to my lawyer.

**A: well did you?
What can I do to collect my money?How do I go about putting a lien on her property?I cant seem to find any info on New Hampshire lien laws.It isnt enough money to hire a lawyer($500.00)thanks
**A: then sue the GC in small claims court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">