• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Upgrade Price List

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gatsbygarden

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Illinois
This is where it gets complicated! We are building a townhome in Wisconsin, but the developer is a large Illinois Company. We signed a contract two months ago and were given an optional upgrade list. I asked if I could make my upgrades at that time and was told I would have to wait for the Illinois developer to get hold of me and then we would sit down with them and make selections. When we sat down with the developer last week, he said that all of the upgrade prices had been raised - totalling an extra $10,000. We bought this property based on the options list they gave us when we signed!

Here's the kicker! They are still giving out the lower-priced options list at the construction site. Do we have any legal recourse?

HomeGuru

gatsbygarden said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Illinois
This is where it gets complicated! We are building a townhome in Wisconsin, but the developer is a large Illinois Company. We signed a contract two months ago and were given an optional upgrade list. I asked if I could make my upgrades at that time and was told I would have to wait for the Illinois developer to get hold of me and then we would sit down with them and make selections. When we sat down with the developer last week, he said that all of the upgrade prices had been raised - totalling an extra $10,000. We bought this property based on the options list they gave us when we signed!

Here's the kicker! They are still giving out the lower-priced options list at the construction site. Do we have any legal recourse?
**A: read your contract.

G

gatsbygarden

Contract says nothing about upgrades. The upgrades were a separate sheet called options.

G

gatsbygarden

Construction Upgrades

Forgot to reemphazie "they are still giving out the same price list to new buyers." Does't this smack of fraudulant enticement - bait and switch? They know we can't get out of the contract!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">