• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Verbal Agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

noclue11m

What is the name of your state? Massachusetts
I had a verbal agreement with a (so called) friend to build them a house.I am a licenced contractor. After doing all the initial design work and providing them with plans they told me they were going to use someone else. Do I have a right to seek compensation for my work on design and plans.

Last edited:

JETX

Only if you had an existing agreement for compensation.
If you did have a specific verbal agreement for the design services, then you might consider a small claims action against them. I would have to believe the court would view your providing the work as sufficient to support a claim of verbal agreement.

HomeGuru

noclue11m said:
What is the name of your state? Massachusetts
I had a verbal agreement with a (so called) friend to build them a house.I am a licenced contractor. After doing all the initial design work and providing them with plans they told me they were going to use someone else. Do I have a right to seek compensation for my work on design and plans.
**A: did you follow the rules with respect to licensed contractors and contracts for plans and construction work?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">