• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Waiver and Release Form

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

oaa1

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? CA

You must have heard of Civil Code Section 3262(d)(2) called Waiver and Release Form. In California, sub-contractors or suppliers can put a lien on a house if the contractor doesn't pay sub-contractors or suppliers for the services or materials provided. However must the sub-contractors or suppliers do something in advance to let the owner knows that "OK, I am doing this or selling this to repair your house"? As a home owner, how do I know that this guy or this company did provide services or materials? I don't want after I pay off the contractor, he walks away then couple months later a stranger shows up and asks to pay for something that I don't know if he did or not. :confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">