• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Want to sue Plumber

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the name of your state? NJ

10 days in my newly purchased home that water main breaks underneath my driveway. Not even having a phone book I called my neighbors HVAC contractor for help. they suggested a plumber who i called and showed up within 2 hours. plumber stated $2500 to repair and it will take 2 days to start because "call before you dig" people do not work on weekends. Not having easy access to find other contractors and being new to the area I put trust in this plumbing company. 3 days later (they blamed the call before you dig people for delaying) the plumber shows up and, excavates my driveway and repairs the broken pipe (plastic pipe). 15 days later the area in my driveway where they excavated (still open) has wet spots and I dug a hole and it filled with water , dug another and same thing. I called the plumber to state the repair was leeking. he came down and refused to aknowledge the failer stating it was ground water. i hired another contract (20+ days later and had a phone book) to replace the water main for $3200 only $700 more then what the first plumber charged to repair it. I sent a registered letter to the plumber requesting a refund but never received a response.

What happened (story is alot longer)

1. Plumber lied about call before you dig. They operate 24/7/365 witha 4 hour turn around time. I feel the plumber lied to me so i would feel there was no choice but to hire him since no one else could do it faster.

2. repair failed

3. NJ law/regulations of contractors requires any home improvent project over $200 to be written. i recieved strictly a verbal. i did not know about this until of course after the fact.

4. because of #1, my family did not have potable water for 3.5 days

5. failed to get township plumbing permit. i am researching this becuase one might not be needed in an emergency but the way I was treated and 3.5 days is not an emergency as far as what the plumber thinks

What do you think my chances are with winning a lawsuit? I know it is my word against his concerning the repair failing or not but the other items to me seem close to if not actual fraud.

Thanks

Site :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">