• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

water damage and laminated floor damage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jbjung1974

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

I had water damage in Jan 2014 and contact Insurance Company. The company contact servpro and technician came out to dry out my concrete floor for 4-5 days. After that, my contractor had installed laminated floor in the middle of February. My floor started swelling up and buckling about 8-10 weeks ago so contact the contractor. He called laminated floor manufacture to set up moisture inspection and inspector said a level of moisture on floor is about 30-33%. My contractor told me to contact to servpro due to installation was OK but servpro did not do their part. Anyway, I called servpro and a representative came out & checked moisture level which was less than 10%.
During this event, I did some research that contact the laminated floor manufacture and found out my contractor did not follow the installation guide. The company told it's a requirement to put at least 6 mm moisture barrier on concrete surface before installing laminating floor even though floor planks/materials have pre-attached barriers however, my contractor convinced that it did not need moisture barrier during floor installation.

I am very frustrated that my contractor blamed on servpro and servpro did not tell anything yet.
What should I do at this point? What are the possible solutions at legal standpoint?
Thank you in advance for your help.

Cedrus

Two possibilities come to my feeble mind: Your H/O insurance company should have kept tabs on what was going on. Perhaps they can step back in and get the floor re-done.

Contact the PA contractor's licensing board and complain loudly that the proper installation steps were not followed. Find a flooring trade association and complain to them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">