• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Water Meter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

msdevery

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

Last winter my wife and I had some major renovation work performed on our modular home. During this work, our water meter became disconnected.. After a few months, I was able to schedule my contractor to reattach the meter and verify its functioning. Before he was to begin, the association where I reside contacted me to inform me that they would be doing the installation. I inquire as to the charge and was told it would cost $75.00. he work was performed very expertly. Our first water bill however; not only included some water usage but also the cost of the meter itself.

My question is this, can a utility company force a customer to purchase the meter? If they claim that I am indeed the owner, can I not shut it off when I want to or can I in fact remove it from the structure when I move elsewhere?

Thanks in advance

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">